Sunday, July 10, 2011

BAH After Divorce in the Army?

I have filed for divorce in Texas, and it will be final after 60 days. I am an E-4, collecting the BAH W/DEP rate. Both my wife and I are on a lease off post that will last another 10 months. I currently have an allotment set up for the total BAH W/DEP amount that goes into her account since the rent comes out of her account. The landlord will not let me off the lease, and she has no way of paying the rent without me, and I cannot afford to pay anything without BAH. My question is, when the divorce is final, can I put in a 4187 to change to the without dependents rate for length of the lease since that was done prior to my BAH entitlement ending, or am I just SOL and going to have to go into debt with breaking a lease and having that on my credit? Fort Hood doesn't authorize BAH usually unless you are E-6 and above, and S1 wasn't any help at all when I asked them this question. If anyone has a definitive answer, or a reference on the reg governing this it would be appreciated. I am deploying very soon and need to make sure I'm not going to get screwed while I'm gone. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment