Monday, July 18, 2011

Major social issues. Please help!?

Hi,I am a freshman in high school. I moved to a high school at the beginning of the school year straight from California. I had social anxiety that is gradually getting better because I'm getting use to this new lifestyle. Now I can manage to talk to some of my teachers without having a nervous breakdown. I still haven't really made good friends here, just the one where you get a fist bump here or there. When I came to this school, people really thought I was cool and they wanted to be friends with me judging by there body language. Every one was staring at me smiling, it wasn't creepy but it was a warm welcome. One day I overheard a group of girls saying I was cute, hot and sexy. Being shy wasn't easy, half of me wanted friends really bad but my shyness took over me and I knew I could be awkward so I stayed quiet for about 5 months. I guest when I moved here I missed all the good friends I made in Cali, I think about them from time to time. I forgot about them later because I wanted to make new friends not clinging on about the past. It went pretty well after the 5 horrible months of torture. I made some friends and I am not that hot anymore so the girls don't stare at me often. In lunch or in my honors classes, during group discussions (almost all recent discussions) every time I speak everyone just look annoyed. Well I was annoyed too so I asked you for help. The thing is I rarely talk, I was surprised towards their reactions, they cared about me when I was alone but now they hate me. [I thought maybe someone gossiped about me that made me seem bad. Any ideas one how to improve my current situations or why this happened?] I'm not conceited, I am a pretty humble and generous man. Often share pencils and paper to anyone who asks. I am also not a pervert like most kids in my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment