Saturday, July 9, 2011

SHOULD I SUE THIS PLACE??

last year I was in student accommodation for my first year at uni. this was not the universitys accom. it was a general student accommodation for many unis. since the start i had problems with heating and they kept saying they would fix it but nothing for about a month. as it was winter it had an awful effect on my health and the line was crossed when I stopped getting warm water!! no matter how much they said they were trying to fix it i iknow they werent and i had no heating and hot water whatsoever!! as a result of this I missed a lot of uni because I was so ill and going out on the tube every morning in the freezing cold and wet only to come back to a freezing cold room unable to even have a warm shower was unbearable. I became so ill that I had to go back to my Mothers 60 miles away - this was fine, but i was missing uni! the only reason i couldnt move to other accommodations was because i had a contract with them and they would NOT release me! long story short (ish) I was finally released from my contract in January (i had to get my dad to make them!!) and i moved out - however this was 5 months into my first year - i have just received my results and i have failed 2 out of 4 modules because of the time i missed even though i tried so hard to catch up it was impossible, as this is their fault should i sue them for all the money i paid in rent (�800 per month for a tiny damp room and bathroom) and also for the money i had to pay to go to uni when i didnt even go!! i feel i deserve some compensation for this, it ruined my life as i now have to leave uni!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment